Thursday, January 19, 2017

Time Strategies: Confessions of a Procrastinator

I tend to procrastinate, a lot. Whether it is school work, or cleaning my room, or letting someone know something, I am always procrastinating. I have had to force myself many times to do my work by waiting until the deadline is hours away. It has definitely caused a great deal of stress on my life. I chose the article, "Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination," because of my struggle with procrastination. The article actually gave some helpful tips on how to beat procrastination, such as forcing yourself to get started, which will make working easier, and  starting small. When put that way, it makes procrastination seem more easily conquerable. I also looked at the article, "How to Beat Procrastination," which talks about increasing the benefits of the work larger and decreasing the cost of the work. Both of these are really informative on how to beat procrastination. I myself have gotten much better at handling procrastination. For one, I think about how stressed I will be later and how if I do a little now, it will decrease that stress. I have also bribed myself by allowing myself to take breaks or watch YouTube after working for so long. These work for the most part. Time management is so important for every area in life and I want to be better at it, for this class, for all my classes, and for my life. 


Image Information: Allan Smorra "Procrastinate" 2012. Web source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment