Thursday, January 19, 2017

Reading Options

        


        For next week, I am choosing Ovid's Metamorphoses to read. I chose this because I have always been interested in Greek and Roman mythology, and Ovid tells so many different and wonderful myths in his Metamorphoses. I want to read it to learn more about Roman mythology. I also think this could be a good story to find inspiration for stories I would like to write.
        For the future weeks, one unit that caught my eye was Week 4-5, The Voyages of Sindbad. The story sounds very intriguing and mystical. I believe I watched the Dreamworks' animated movie version of this story a long time ago, and from what I can remember it was interesting. The fact that this story was influenced by Homer's Odyssey is also fascinating. I am curious to see how the author of The Voyages of Sindbad combined The Odyssey with his own story.
        Another unit that sounds very enjoyable is Week 11-12, King Arthur. For as long as I can remember, I have been fascinated with the legends of King Arthur. I love the idea of a story transcending time and still being relevant in modern society. I am excited to see different stories about King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table. I believe I could find a great deal of inspiration from the stories of King Arthur. 


Image Information: Steve Czajka, 2013, Flickr. Web source: Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment